The Idaho Mining and Smelter Company Store is the last surviving original structure in Clayton. It was built by The Idaho Mining and Smelter Company in 1880 and was operated as a company store. In later years it was leased out by the various owners. The entire area was owned and operated by the Ford Motor Company from 1926 to 1946, when it was sold to The Clayton Silver Company. This structure has been placed on The National Register of Historic Places and is opened as a museum for the Clayton area. Our association strives to present the mining, ranching and logging history of the area.
Come enjoy the annual Clayton Heritage Day every third Saturday of July. Fun for the whole family.
Summer, Fall, Spring
Open from mid May until mid September on Saturdays and Sundays and holidays from 10 am to 4 pm
The museum is free, however donations are appreciated so that we can meet our budget for operation and maintenance
Gift Shop, Handicap Access, Motor Coach Parking, Parking, Restrooms, Visitor Center