This is a four-acre site on the National Register of Historic Places. Of eight buildings on the site, three are Finnish log construction, the remaining are board & batten construction, all built by Civilian Conservation Corps during 1936. As the headquarters of the Southern Idaho Timber Protective Association, the buildings were used as the fire warden and assistant warden's residences, crew quarters, a machine shop and more. Displays include a Murray Corliss steam engine, (which powered the Brown Tie & Lumber Co. in McCall), the restored fire warden's house and several other interpretive displays on the Idaho forest and history.
Available to hold special events and meetings. Call Teresa for more information at 208-334-2120 ext. 18
Southwestern Idaho, in McCall
1001 State St., downtown McCall
Memorial Day-Labor Day, Wed.-Sat., 11am-4pm; Call for winter hours. Fire warden house tours at 1pm & 2:30pm
Adults, $2; Youths 12-18 and Seniors, $1, Children under 12 Free; Fire Warden House Tours, $3 for Adults
Parking, Restrooms, Visitor Center