Located in the heart of downtown Boise and constructed in the classical style of our nation’s Capitol, this majestic structure was begun in 1905 and completed in 1912. East and west wings were added in 1919 and 1920. Exterior walls were built with Boise’s native sandstone, and the building is topped by a 5’ 7” copper eagle. Marble from Alaska, Georgia, Vermont and Italy complete the interior structure.
In 2009, the State completed an interior renovation of the building which included the addition of underground wings in what is now known as the Garden Level. The Garden Level includes larger hearing rooms, a gift shop, visitor center and displays on Idaho’s history and major industries.
Visitors are welcome to tour the Capitol building during open hours. Guided tours can be scheduled on weekdays for groups of 10 or more by calling 208-332-1012 or emailing email@example.com.
Southwestern Idaho, in Boise
Capitol Blvd. & Jefferson in Downtown Boise