Located on the first Kamiah town site in East Kamiah, the Rev. and Mrs. Henry T. Cowley organized the First Church on December 25, 1871, with Hol-Lol-Sote-Tote (Lawyer) as the first church Elder. In the summer of 1873, the government built the present church. The Rev. Henry Spalding spent 1872 and 1873 doing church work here during the construction. Sue McBeth had charge of the Presbyterian Mission at the time that the First Church was built. Her sister Kate McBeth joined her in 1879. The church and cemetery is still in use today and stand in quiet dignity at the original location along scenic Highway 12.
North Central Idaho, located outside of Kamiah
East of Kamiah on Hwy. 12