A ferry crossing on the Snake River, dubbed Eagle Rock, led to a bridge there in 1865 and the settlement that grew up around it eventually became Idaho Falls. The name was changed in 1891 despite the fact that there was no waterfall there at the time. A walking tour of historical buildings in Idaho Falls commemorates its days as Eagle Rock.
Eastern Idaho, N. of Pocatello
Downtown Idaho Falls